The Urology Care Center has been a pioneer in this area in oncology with the offering of brachytherapy for patients with adenocarcinoma of the prostate for over seven years. This is an outpatient procedure, which delivers localized radiation to the prostate by implating radioactive seeds according to a computerized plan to maximize effectiveness and limit side effects. Results show similar effectiveness to external beam radiation (and possibly better) at ten years.
The Urologic Care Center is a pioneer in minimally invasive treatment for BPH with the offering of Indigo Laser Ablation of the Prostate and Microwave Thermotherapy in the office setting under local anesthesia. These procedures treat enlarged prostates and the symptoms this condition causes by shrinking the prostrate through the application of heat. Prostate volumes decrease on the average about 30%. The procedures are devoid of any major side effects. These procedures are great substitutes for patients who are not compliant with medical therapy, or for whom medical therapy is not cost-effective. Dr. Mooreville is a nationally recognized expert and offers instructional courses to other urologists interested in learning these techniques.
Our practice has long offered minimally invasive treatment for kidney and ureteral stones with ureteroscopic laser ablation of stones and Electro-Shock_Wave Lithotripsy. In fact, since 1986 our center was one of the earliest providers of ESWL in the Philadelphia area. The Incontinence Center provides expertise in male and female voiding dysfunction. Dr. Mooreville performs same day and overnight incontinence procedures, including sling bladder neck suspension surgery, collagen injections, and other minimally invasive procedures.
Our practice treats a variety of urological conditions including the following:
Our practice also performs the following urological procedures:
- Minimally invasive treatments for BPH
- Radiofrequency Ablation (TUNA)
- Indigo laser technique
- Green Laser Treatment for BPH
- TURP—still the "Gold Standard" for large prostates. This requires 3 dimensional orientation, which Dr. Mooreville has refined over more then 25 years of doing this procedure.
- In-office Vasectomy
- In-office fiducial seed placement prior to Radiation Therapy for prostate cancer
- CyberKnife therapy for prostate cancer
- Endoscopic ureteral stone removal and laser therapy for stones
- ESWL—electroshock wave therapy for stone removal. The practice was one of the first to offer this treatment n the Delaware Valley through the Delaware Valley Kidney Stone Center and Mercy Medical Center
- In-office cystoscopies and urodynamic evaluations
- Second opinion in hard to treat bladder conditions with persistent lower urinary tract symptoms
- Erectile Dysfunction treatments from A to Z